The Triad Starfest, *Tri*Star* for short, is a conference of astronomers of all types, from novice to professional, for a full day of presentations, displays, and observing. The event allows astronomy enthusiasts to share ideas, learn about a range of astronomical topics, get together with old friends, and make new ones. The event draws astronomers from North Carolina and surrounding states. This year’s edition will celebrate the memory of Dennis Hands, a longtime organizer of this event. For more information click here.
This great group of astronomy education and outreach professionals finally got to travel to Chile! ALMA Director Sean Dougherty, introduces the ALMA Observatory to the ACEAP 2020 cohort! Tomorrow the group goes to 5000 meters to visit the telescopes themselves. #AstroAmbassadors
Timelapse composite of the 2022 Lunar occultation of Mars. Questar 1280/89 mm telescope and Sony a7iii. Details @ http://astronomy.robpettengill.org/blog221209.html
#Astrophotography #Moon #Astroambassadors
Read More News
- ACEAP in the The 365 Days of Astronomy podcast !!
- Sian Proctor is the first African American woman to pilot a spacecraft. (Inspiration4)
- Aim Higher for Women in Space
- Nicolle Zellner was awarded the 2021 Carl Sagan Medal for Excellence in Public Communication in Planetary Science by the Division for Planetary Sciences of the AAS
- Inspiration4 ‘Go’ for First All-Civilian Orbital Mission to Space (by https://inspiration4.com/)
Office of Education and Public Engagement
Associated Universities, Inc.
1400 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036-2252