The Aim Higher program is possible because of sponsors who understand the importance of educating and inspiring students to reach for more. “AUI makes scientific breakthroughs possible, and a diverse STEM workforce is integral to this mission,” says Dr. Tim Spuck, Director of Education & Public Engagement. “Astronaut Stephanie Wilson is an exemplary figure and inspiration to young girls around the world. AUI is thrilled to partner in this event honoring a true American space hero.” More HERE
This great group of astronomy education and outreach professionals finally got to travel to Chile! ALMA Director Sean Dougherty, introduces the ALMA Observatory to the ACEAP 2020 cohort! Tomorrow the group goes to 5000 meters to visit the telescopes themselves. #AstroAmbassadors
Timelapse composite of the 2022 Lunar occultation of Mars. Questar 1280/89 mm telescope and Sony a7iii. Details @ http://astronomy.robpettengill.org/blog221209.html
#Astrophotography #Moon #Astroambassadors
Read More News
- ACEAP in the The 365 Days of Astronomy podcast !!
- Sian Proctor is the first African American woman to pilot a spacecraft. (Inspiration4)
- Aim Higher for Women in Space
- Nicolle Zellner was awarded the 2021 Carl Sagan Medal for Excellence in Public Communication in Planetary Science by the Division for Planetary Sciences of the AAS
- Inspiration4 ‘Go’ for First All-Civilian Orbital Mission to Space (by https://inspiration4.com/)
Office of Education and Public Engagement
Associated Universities, Inc.
1400 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036-2252