It takes many people with diverse backgrounds, talents, and skills to run a world-class observatory. Meet a few of these people as they share the wonder of the sky—and the excitement of discovery. Explore the world-class observatories nestled in northern Chile’s mountains and learn why Chile, with its beautiful mountain ranges and clear, cloudless skies create an ideal environment for studying the cosmos. Continue discovering! Participate in live conversations with observatory staff, explore exclusive behind-the-scenes footage, educational activities, and ongoing science experiments all at bigastronomy.org
This great group of astronomy education and outreach professionals finally got to travel to Chile! ALMA Director Sean Dougherty, introduces the ALMA Observatory to the ACEAP 2020 cohort! Tomorrow the group goes to 5000 meters to visit the telescopes themselves. #AstroAmbassadors
Timelapse composite of the 2022 Lunar occultation of Mars. Questar 1280/89 mm telescope and Sony a7iii. Details @ http://astronomy.robpettengill.org/blog221209.html
#Astrophotography #Moon #Astroambassadors
Read More News
- ACEAP in the The 365 Days of Astronomy podcast !!
- Sian Proctor is the first African American woman to pilot a spacecraft. (Inspiration4)
- Aim Higher for Women in Space
- Nicolle Zellner was awarded the 2021 Carl Sagan Medal for Excellence in Public Communication in Planetary Science by the Division for Planetary Sciences of the AAS
- Inspiration4 ‘Go’ for First All-Civilian Orbital Mission to Space (by https://inspiration4.com/)
Office of Education and Public Engagement
Associated Universities, Inc.
1400 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036-2252